Come kayak and watch up close as the humpback whales play, breach, and give birth to their calves in the warm Hawaiian waters. We get up close, observe the whales, and snorkel.
Public tour size: Limited to 10 people on tour
Included: Guide, snorkel gear, kayak rental, dry bags, small snack/beverages
Please bring: Extra snacks, water (hydration is critical!)
- Per Person Ages 5+
View Humpback Whales from a Kayak in Maui!
This trip is available during the winter months only.
During whale season, our Turtle Reef Discovery activity becomes our Whale Watch tour. This is a really inspiring trip. There is nothing like viewing a humpback whale from ocean level on a kayak — it’s a breathtaking experience! Whales seem to appreciate the quietness of a kayak compared to a boat, and they tend to approach us more. (Of course, we don’t approach them; they approach us!).
This is one of our more popular trips during whale season, and we make sure to sneak in some snorkeling time with the sea turtles. We get up close, observe the whales, and also enjoy a wonderful snorkeling location, all in a fun-packed, three-hour kayak snorkel adventure.
About This Trip
- Each winter, the majestic whales travel thousands of miles from the Alaskan coastline and bask in the warmth of the Hawaiian waters, and we are lucky enough to have a front-row seat!
- The tour runs from late December to mid April every single year. Trips before and after the season dates can be requested.
- We depart every day from Makena and go check out the whales up close and personal!
A Fantastic & Fun paddle
- Our whale tour checks in at 7 a.m. and usually wraps up around 10:15 a.m.
- Over the course of roughly three hours, we travel all over the bay looking for whales.
- All of this fun is in a private setting that you only get with Maui Eco Tours’ kayak and snorkel excursions.
Experience Counts When Looking for Whales
- Our full-time guides get you closer to the action than any other type of tour on the water.
- Getting out and getting close to the whales involves experience with the conditions and tendencies of the whales. Trust our guides to get you the best experience.
- Furthermore, only our staff gets right in the water and shows you all of the underwater spectacles themselves. They anchor the boats, gear you up, point out marine life, and regale you with fun stories and Hawaiian legends all through the tour.
- Service makes the difference, and we pride ourselves on our reputation for personal attention and first class service.
Do Tread Lightly, Please
- Sure, you could jump on a big, gas-guzzling whale watching boat, but why would you? We get closer to the humpback whales, and we do it in a completely environmentally friendly way.
- Our kayaks are a zero-emissions way to see nature, and more importantly, they don’t disturb the marine life or their environment. Even better, our kayaks allow us to access some unique spots that you normally can’t get to.
- Let us show you the whales like you’ve never dreamed of!