During whale season, our Turtle Reef Discovery activity becomes our Whale Watch tour! There is nothing like viewing a humpback whale from ocean level in a kayak. It’s a breathtaking experience!
Whale Watch – West Maui
Public tour size: Limited to 10 people on tour
Included: Guide, snorkel gear, kayak rental, dry bags, small snack/beverages
Please bring: Extra snacks, water (hydration is critical!)
- Person Ages 5+
Discover Humpback Whales in Olowalu!
In the winter, humpback whales migrate thousands of miles from Alaska to Hawaii. You have a front-row seat on this kayak tour in Olowalu! We get up close, observe the whales, and also enjoy a wonderful snorkeling location, all in a fun-packed three-hour kayak snorkel adventure.
The tour runs from late December to mid April every year. Trips before and after the season dates can be requested. Every day, we depart from Olowalu and go check out the whales up close and personal!
About This Trip
- As this is a longer tour and features more paddling distance than most of our other offerings, we do limit the whale tour to those aged 5 and over only.
- Our whale tour checks in at 7 a.m. and usually wraps up around 10:15 a.m.
- Over the course of roughly three hours, we travel all over the bay looking for whales.
- All of this fun is in a setting of privacy that you only get with Maui Eco Tours’ kayak and snorkel excursions.
Experience Counts When Looking for Whales
- Getting out and getting close to the whales involves experience with the conditions and tendencies of the whales. Trust our guides to get you the best experience.
- Our full-time guides get you closer to the action than any other type of tour on the water.
- Furthermore, only our staff gets right in the water and shows you all of the underwater spectacles themselves. They anchor the boats, gear you up, point out marine life, and regale you with fun stories and Hawaiian legends throughout the tour.
- Service makes the difference, and we pride ourselves on our reputation for personal attention and first class service.
Do Tread Lightly, Please.
- You could jump on a big, gas-guzzling whale watching boat, but why would you? We get closer to the humpback whales, and we do it in a completely environmentally friendly way.
- Our kayaks are a zero-emissions way to see nature, and most importantly, they don’t disturb the marine life or their environment. Even better, our kayaks allow us to access some unique spots that you normally can’t get to.
- Let us show you the whales like you’ve never dreamed of!